Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Qualifications | Research interests | Publications | Awards | Grants and funding | Memberships
Laboratory technician with 20 years experience with Queensland Department of Primary Industries Innovative Food Technologies performing chemical analysis, particularly using chromatographic techniques, food processing and organoleptic assessment.
Currently nine years with Queensland Health, Forensic and Scientific Services, Organics section performing GC-MS analysis of waters, environmental and forensic samples.
- Associate Diploma, Chemistry. Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Qld.
- Graduate Certificate, Biochemistry. University of Queensland, St Lucia, Qld.
Research interests and expertise
- Application of GC-MS, particularly analysis of VOCs from water, food, forensic and biological tissue samples.
- Analytical and Preparative LC, particularly purification of bioactives such as proteins, peptides and phenolics.
Publications and research
Co-authored a number of R&D and commercial consultancy reports for:
- Dairy Industry Research and Development Corporation
- Dairy Australia
- Horticulture Australia
- Horizon Science Pty Ltd
- Elisa Systems Pty Ltd
- Qld Dept. of State Development and Access Cold and Dry Storage
- Bidvest Pty Ltd
- Queensland Health, Forensic and Scientific Services
- FRDC and Seafood Services Australia
- Pauls Ltd
- Department of Microbiology, University Hospital of Tromso, Norway
- Natbio Pty Ltd
- Simplot Australia Pty Ltd
- Australian Journal of Dairy Technology.
- Australian Journal of Dairy Technology Award 1992, for paper published in 1991, for its importance to the dairy industry.
Grants and funding
Qld Health, Forensic and Scientific Services grant: Proof of principle investigation of the suitability of in-house GC-MS equipment for the analysis of breath samples. $10 000 allocated.